Become A Mentor
CHANGE YOUR LIFE & SOMEONE ELSE’S
When you become a Volunteer Mentor, you become a positive influence for 1.5 hours per week and you improve your own leadership skills too!
Our mentors tell us they not only have a personally rewarding experience as a mentor, but they also develop their own communication & leadership skills that they use in their work environment and personal lives.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES? ARE YOU?
- Fun and enthusiastic?
- Open to other cultures and diversity?
- At least 21 years old?
- Committed to making a positive difference?
- Interested in developing new skills that could improve your own life?
If you answered “yes” to the above, then Kids Now is the right choice for you.
- One six-hour training session with other mentors
- Weekly 1.5 hour program sessions for 12 weeks (fall or spring programs)
- Half-hour prep time each week for 12 weeks
HOW TO SIGN-UP:
- Complete and submit the application form
- Pass a personal reference check and a police check
- Attend a personal interview with a Kids Now program manager
- Need more information? See our Mentor FAQs
Do you know someone else who might be a good mentor to kids in their community? Click the Share button at the bottom of the page and tell them about this opportunity.