The Kids Now program dedicates significant time to stress management strategies, stress relieving exercises, and it is also an open, safe space for kids to talk about their issues and feelings. Talking about the issues and having someone simply listen without judgment is all that’s needed at times.
TOP 5 WAYS TO CHILL
1. Healthy living: Eat right! What you put into your body will affect how you feel and how well you live.
2. Imagery: Use your imagination to recreate a relaxing, peaceful and safe scenario.
3. Visualization: Create a visual board of where you want to see yourself in the future. It helps to alleviate stress when you have a plan.
4. Music: When you listen to your favourite music it changes your state of mind. Music decreases levels of adrenalin and increase serotonin -a chemical in the brain that helps keep a ‘happy feeling’ and keeps moods under control.
5. Exercise: Physical activity is a great way to release stress and negative emotions. You’ll start to feel better and look better too!
Read more on our blog