Why Kids Now
KIDS NOW UNIQUELY ADDRESSES THE ISSUES TEENS FACE TODAY
Our program is based on 5 key social/emotional life skills that help kids cope and overcome challenges, while teaching them how to set their own goals and begin planning for their future. Kids Now concentrates solely on the development of life and leadership skills that help youth act with greater confidence as they prepare to transition into high school and beyond.
HOW KIDS NOW HELPS TEENS PLAN FOR A BRIGHTER FUTURE:
Kids Now takes it one-step-further by not only teaching kids about self-esteem, dealing with peer pressure and managing stress … but also how to set their own personal goals, how to understand the consequences of possible negative behavior, how that can impact their goals and how to stay on the right track to success! Our program’s unique features include:
- Designed exclusively for students in middle school and junior high
- Designed as a preventive, proactive program before problems may start to arise
- Program elements are designed in a specific weekly chronological order, starting with developing self-awareness and self-esteem as the necessary foundation to then be able to set goals, then develop communication skills, solve conflicts and manage stress
- Group activities build key employability skills defined by The Conference Board of Canada
- Comprehensive training for our volunteer adult mentors
- Well-defined step-by-step Mentor Manual to guide mentors through each session
- Small group size of 10 students enables kids to freely express their feelings, while getting the encouragement and support they need
- Conveniently located in schools, right after school, but we are not funded by any schools
And the program is made to be FUN with games, interactive activities and lively group discussions!
A MESSAGE FROM STATEFARM