The Results for the #LoveThySelfiePledge are in and we’re positive that our Social Media campaign has made a difference! This was the first Social Media camapign Kids Now has done and we’re happy to report that it has been a tremedous success!!!
The almost 3000 selfies posted to Instagram and Twitter has been matched with $1 donation each to Kids Now from State Farm Canada. Some individuals even took it upon themselves to donate to Kids Now through their CanadaHelps profile or by texting “kidsnow” to 41010.
Campaign Highlights include:
- being delivered to over 98 million timelines
- a reach of more than 12.6 million
The success of the campaign was largely due to the kind assistance of a number of WWE stars such as Trish Stratus, Mick Foley, Nattie Neidhart, Renee Young, Key Media influencers such as Colin Mochrie, Gerry Dee, Elisha Cuthbert, Cabbie Richards, Carla Collins, Gaby Henderson, Bif Naked, Degrassi stars Aislinn Paul & Ana Golja, and Social Networking Stars such as Lauren Toyota, Liz Trinnear, asapSCIENCE, Lisa Tant, Casie Stewart, Jessica Mulroney and so many, many more.
The campaign focused on the development of self-compassion and a positive self-view. Participants were asked to take a selfie and post it to either Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook as a promise to treat themselves better and stop being their own biggest bully. The photos were unified through the use of the hashtag “#LoveThySelfiePledge” and participants spread the word by nominating three friends to take the pledge as well.
Note: Due to a recent change in Facebook’s API, only selfies posted to Instagram or Twitter were eligible for donation matching – but our Facebook participant were still encouraged to share their photos to Facebook if they so choose since it helps to spread awareness!
#LoveThySelfiePledge Trended on Twitter!!!
Below are some of our favourite messages:
Some of our more famous participants:
- Trish Stratus (media personality & former WWE star)
- Elisha Cuthbert (actress)
- Cabbie Richards (television personality on TSN)
- Carla Collins (actress and comedian)
- Lauren Toyota (host of Much Music)
- Liz Trinnear (host of Much Music)
- Colin Mochrie (“Whose Line Is It Anyway?”, comedian)
- Gerry Dee (“Mr. Dee”, comedian)
- The Toronto Argonauts Cheerleaders
- asapSCIENCE (YouTube stars)
- Aislinn Paul (star of Degrassi)
- Ana Golja (star of Degrassi)
- Natasha Gargiulo (entertainment reporter, ET Canada)
- Mick Foley (WWE star)
- Nattie Neidhart (WWE star, reality show “Total Divas”)
- Cheryl Hickey (host of ET Canada)
- Karl Wolf (musician)
- Chloe Wilde (television personality from E!)
- Gaby Henderson (actress and host of Much Music)
- Brad Smith (host of Chopped Canada; on Food Network)
- Mairlyn Smith (television personality)
- Nicole Arbour (comedian)
- Tessa Virtue (Olympic figure skater)
- Tracy Moore (host of Cityline)
- Cynthia Loyst (host of The Social)
- Jake Mossop (MTV television personality)
- Bif Naked (musician)
- Sangita Patel (host of ET Canada)
- Dina Pugliese (host of Breakfast Television)
- Tommy Smythe (TV/media personality)
- Lauren Holly (actress)
- Danielle Graham (television personality from E!)
- Traci Melchor (host of The Social)
- Jessica Mulroney (socialite, wife of Ben Mulroney)
- Renee Young (WWE star)
Proud Supporters of: