Join The Team
Kids Now is currently looking to fill the following position:
CHAIR – FUNDRAISING COMMITTEE (Volunteer Position)
Kids Now is a national group mentoring charity for youth. For over 15 years, we’ve been inspiring leadership, building self-esteem, and coaching kids to make positive choices through our free, in-school, afterschool program. Led by volunteer coach-mentors, our educator-endorsed program teaches goal setting, effective communication, conflict resolution, stress management, and other valuable skills that last a lifetime.
THE FUNDRAISING COMMITTEE CHAIR WILL:
- Work closely with the Director of Development and Chief Kids Officer to develop and execute the organization’s annual fundraising plan.
- Lead the fundraising committee’s efforts to identify, cultivate, and approach major donors.
- Assist in the sourcing, cultivation and recruitment of fundraising committee members; develop committee Terms of Reference.
- Encourage board participation in resource development and fundraising; familiarize directors with fundraising skills and provide communications tools and techniques so that they are comfortable raising money.
- Monitor fundraising efforts to ensure they are cost-effective, and provide fundraising policies that outline sound and ethical fundraising practices.
Candidates must possess:
- Solid background in fundraising, either through educational, voluntary, or professional experience
- Extensive network of senior corporate contacts
- Solid leadership, strategic planning, and team-building skills
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Keen understanding of funding requirements and fundraising challenges associated with a charitable organization
- Networking with senior business professionals in diverse sectors
- Professional development and personal growth opportunities
- Develop leadership, project management and strategic planning skills
- Hone your fundraising skills
- Opportunity to make a lasting and meaningful difference in the lives of youth in your community and across Canada.
TERMS OF OFFICE EXPECTED TIME COMMITMENT
- The term of office is one year, with an option to renew for an additional year. The Fundraising Chair can expect to meet with the committee 6 – 12 times per year, depending on the needs of the committee. Most communications between meetings are done via conference call or email. The Fundraising Chair should expect to spend 5 – 10 hours per month on committee work (outside of regular committee meetings).
Interested? We’d like to hear from you!
- Please send your resume along with a cover letter outlining your interest in the position and relevant skills, education or experience to: Janet King, Chief Kids Officer and Founder on e-mail: email@example.com
We thank all applicants, but only those who will be considered for an interview will be contacted.